Farm tables are definitely in this wedding season! It’s easy to see why these gorgeous statement pieces have gained so much popularity. As a key décor item, rectangular banquet tables elevate any event, and can even cut down on the need for additional decorations since they stand alone so elegantly. Even if you opt for standard tables throughout the reception venue, a farm table is the ideal touch for a sweetheart table, head table, or dessert display. Banquet tables are versatile for any wedding style, with just a few tweaks to tabletop décor. Take a peek at three stunning ways to style your farm table for unique bridal style:
For the traditional bride…
Banquet tables certainly don’t have to steer too far from classic style. Dark woods are a sophisticated option that keep a traditional bride’s farm table from looking too country. Keep your reception tables looking elegant with these traditional décor ideas:
- Sophisticated linens: start with classic linen selections that soften the farm table’s sturdy build. Organic wood next to gauzy fabric elevates your farm table to a new level of sophistication, setting a romantic tone for the entire reception.
- Place settings: layer on the fancy china! Let the farm table be your twist on décor, but keep place settings formal. Layer glass and gold to evoke a more formal style, including multiple goblets and glasses for drinkware next to gold tableware. Keeping the all-pieces-included formal setting ensures a chic and traditional style.
- Florals: add traditional centerpieces to complete the classic bride’s look. Select elegant vases and high floral arrangements, accented by classic tapered candles. Très chic!
For the rustic bride…
our barn door table is a must! A farm table already comes from country roots, so don’t go too far overboard with your décor. Add a few touches of personal style, but don’t overdo your decorations to the point of overriding the simple charm that defines rustic style in the first place.
- Lace: lay down a pretty lace table runner for a touch of rustic charm. You can add linen or burlap underneath, or just let the rustic wood tabletop peek through delicate lace.
- Wood stump chargers: add a unique element to your décor with unexpected chargers. Stump cross sections juxtapose organic texture with your sophisticated china selection, resulting in a distinctive look your guests will love.
- Wildflowers: top your table with a country-inspired floral centerpiece that brings the whole look together. Tuck white sprigs or even tall grasses into luscious greens and bright-petaled wildflowers.
For the garden elegance bride…
Mix natural elegance and sophisticated décor for a garden-inspired reception style. We adore the combination of textures inherent to this look, and love seeing it grow in popularity this year. We recommend a light wood or unstained table for this style to keep a natural look throughout.
- Greenery: for some farm tables, the centerpiece is a final touch; however, for a garden bride the floral arrangement is everything! Line the table with lush greenery like leafy eucalyptus to evoke an organic vibe.
- Menu: this style is the perfect opportunity to tie your wedding suite into your table décor—literally! Place your loosely scripted calligraphic menu on each plate setting, and then tie a sprig of greenery (we love rosemary!) around the menu with frayed-edge ribbon or piece of twine.
- Lighting: the final touch of garden elegance comes with soft illumination. Add votive candles along the banquet table for a romantic feel.
One trend, three ways. We’re head over heels for farm tables, and we know your guests will be too. Need help styling your own farm table? Feel free to ask! There’s nothing we love more than seeing our elegant farm tables transformed in unique settings for every bride.