Mother’s Day is coming up! Mark your calendars for May 8, this Sunday. Now is the time to buy your cards and flowers, along with any other “extras” to make your mom feel super special. May 8th isn’t the only day for honoring our mothers; here at our wedding rental showroom, we like to show mom-appreciation year-round! The fact is, moms are a crucial component in the wedding-planning process. It’s only fitting to express your thanks for presence throughout the wedding journey. Take a look at a few of our favorite ways to say, “Mom, you are appreciated!”
- Love notes: you can never go wrong with an old-fashioned, simple, handwritten love note. Tell her thanks for a special contribution—whether it was moral support at your dress fitting, or the incredible way she handled vendor phone calls for you. Say thank you for a specific instance of assistance to let her know how much you appreciate her involvement.
- Toasts: while most wedding-related toasts are geared toward the bride and groom, consider raising a glass to your mother. A toast is a lovely way to publicly thank your mom for her assistance and to express your gratitude for her presence in your life. You don’t want wedding toasts to go on too long, so consider saying a few heartfelt (but brief) words at the rehearsal dinner or at a bridal shower.
- Make sure she’s included: we hope this one goes without saying… but make sure your mother is included in exciting bridal activities. Invite her to join the peanut gallery when you try on dresses, ask that she be included in all bridal showers or luncheons, and always inquire if she would like to join venue tours, cake tastings, wedding rental shopping, etc. You’ll be glad to have her expert advice on these matters, and she’ll appreciate the time spent with her daughter.
- Assist with her attire: after all the aid she’s provided to you, don’t leave her high and dry when it comes to her own outfit! Spend as many hours as needed shopping for a dress that looks fabulous and flattering. The Mother of the Bride deserves to shine, so don’t constrict her to a frumpy frock on the big day.
- Mother-daughter photo: your wedding day will fly by, but don’t let a mother-daughter photo slip through the cracks. Ask your photographer to add this to his/her “must-capture” list. Years later you’ll appreciate having a photo of the two of you, looking your best on this momentous occasion. Hint: you can even have the photo framed to give to her on Mother’s Day next year!
With these easy ideas, you can show Mom a little extra love during the planning process. As your biggest cheerleader and wedding-stress therapist, she deserves a pat on the back. Give her the recognition she deserves with these simple ways to express your gratitude.
Happy Mother’s Day to all our Mothers of the Brides! Enjoy your special day, while we prep for your daughter’s. We hope to see you alongside the bride perusing our wedding rental collection before the big day!