Wedding Rental Dallas | Fresh Twists on “Something Blue”
While many wedding traditions have given way to modern trends, there are a few classic bridal rituals that rarely go unconsidered. For example, most brides still add “something blue” to their ceremony or reception, giving a nod to nuptial tradition’s classic “something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue.” Luckily for this year’s brides, blue is not only a familiar classic, but also a refreshed trend for 2016. From pale blue serenity to striking cobalt, this hue is making a comeback this spring and summer wedding season.
Incorporating something blue can be as traditional or as edgy as you’d like. There are plenty of ways to turn this common tradition into a memorably distinctive punch of personality at your own wedding. Whether at the ceremony or the reception, add a bit of blue to balance tradition and contemporary taste in a way that reflects your own style. Bring a unique twist to “something” blue with a few of our favorite ways to incorporate everyone’s favorite wedding hue:
- Placecards: Placecards always offer the perfect opportunity for a pop of color without going overboard. Their small size keeps your pop of color from overwhelming the tablescape, but the number of placecards dotted across the table use color to unify the setting. Consider a delicate deckled edge with swooping calligraphy for an ephemeral feel, or add bold copper lettering to cobalt geodes for a modern twist.
- Sentimental Keepsakes: okay, we’ll admit it… we’re suckers for sentimental, personal details at weddings. It’s the little things that make weddings memorable, like a blue-thread embroidered handkerchief with your wedding date, or great-grandma’s heirloom brooch secured around your bouquet with a sapphire ribbon. Think about people who have impacted you, and seek out details that honor heartfelt sentiments as you walk down the aisle.
- Signature Cocktail: For a more laidback interpretation of “something blue” add bright berries to a crisp summery cocktail. Add blue paper straws and custom cocktail napkins to complete the look. Don’t forget to come up with a cute name and display it on a chalkboard for all your guests to see!
- Nails: add an unexpected dash of blue to your fingers or tootsies with bridal blue nail polish. We love a chic pale blue for your wedding day mani… or, go all-out with a bold turquoise on your toes! Since your feet won’t be visible most of the night, a bright blue pedi is a fun secret for your “something blue.”
- Furniture: why not go big? Make your “something blue” a piece of vintage furniture. Your bridal portraits will look stunning against the sophistication of a bygone era, and pops of color will bring life to every photo.
Whether you’re a traditional bride honoring a beloved tradition, or a modern couple seeking a fresh twist on wedding classics, making “something blue” unique to your style is easy. Blue is a versatile shade, especially this season. Make the most of it by personalizing your blue-hued wedding details to be one-of-a-kind expressions of your love story.
We’d love to show you a few blue items from our inventory if you’d like to get in touch! Just ask—we can help you decide on a blue detail from our wedding rental Dallas collection that perfectly suits your style. Good luck finding your “something blue!”