I am starting a new series of “Favorite Fridays”! I’ll be sharing some of our favorite things in general and a lot of them will include things in this big wedding world, but I’ll throw in some of my all time favorite places also just for kicks!
Today for our first one, I’m going to share with you my favorite place… IN THE WORLD! You may think of some magical place far away in the middle of the ocean, but this place is far better in my eyes. Have you had a certain place you’ve been to or perhaps lived that just feels like “home”. Thats the best word I can think of to describe this place. I lived there for two years in junior high and fall in love with this place every time I go back. I guess you’re probably wondering what place I’m talking about now…
So now that I’ve told you, I’m going to share with you 5 reasons why this place is a favorite of mine and why I think you should take a trip out to this great city ASAP!
1. Everywhere you look there is history… literally everywhere! And I’m not talking about history like in the 1900’s, I’m talking about when our nation was founded and formed. You go knowing maybe a few things and then you leave and you’ve learned SO much more, every time you go into the city.
2. Anything you want to do is only a short ride away. The beach is 30 minutes away (and these beaches I’ll talk about in a minute), the mountains to ski are an hour or so away, NYC (and why do I always think about the rivalry between the Sox and Yanks every time I talk about NY…) which is so fun is not far, and so many other places all over the east cost!
3. The BEACH! Oh I’m so excited about the beach! The east coast beaches (which most people think are super cold, they’re actually not really) are some of the most beautiful beaches, Wingersheik Beach is one of my favorites along with any beach in the cape. Why are east coast beaches so great you ask? LIGHTHOUSES! There is something about a lighthouse that I just love; I think their just beautiful. The color, the shape, the way the light shines.
4. The Red Sox. I could talk forever about the Red Sox. My favorite players (ahem, David Ortiz and Dustin Pedroia). Fenway Park, which is now a National Monument. The family friendly atmosphere as well as the have-a-good-time and watch the game with a cold one in your hand (or both). Theres also so many things to do around the park especially on game day! That area just comes alive on game day with vendors trying to sell you programs or tickets and so many other things. I just love everything about it!
5. Friends. When we moved to Boston when I was younger I remember my mom being so sad to move there because its such a liberal state and being a conservative she didn’t think she’d find anyone, little did we know that we’d find life time friends. People there say its tough to get “in” but once you’re “in” your in for life! And boy do I believe it!
All in all, Boston is a one of a kind city and will forever be my favorite. Ive been to San Francisco, NYC, LA, Vegas, Europe, and Boston continues to be my favorite place!